GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leave It In the Pot? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/51586-leave-pot.html)

Kevin Conway 03-02-2004 12:32 AM

Leave It In the Pot?

Obviously new to planted aquaria, my question is do I leave my plants in the
pot/basket they were in when I bought them and push the entire bunch down
into the substrate?

Kevin

RedForeman ©® 03-02-2004 08:47 PM

Leave It In the Pot?

that depends on whether it's established in that pot... I genearlly take the
pot/plastic off and leave the plant plug if needed, it CAN help hold it
down, the roots will grow thru it, or you can risk breaking roots and take
the plug off... some amazons work best with it, until they have an
established root system...

--
RedForeman ©®

CS 03-02-2004 10:07 PM

Leave It In the Pot?

I tend to take all plants except Cryptocorynes out of the pot.

Charley (AKA Lowcoaster)

Kenneth Ho 04-02-2004 10:32 AM

Leave It In the Pot?

Unless I have an extremely sensitive plant, and a very tiny
unestablished culture which might be killed if I take it out the pot,
I will take the plant out, divide them into several pieces to work
with, especially crypts.

Cheers
Kenneth