Old 08-02-2004, 12:16 AM
SanDiegoFishes

Default Guppy Presentation, Sunday, Feb 8th, SAN DIEGO, Free to attend

Hi everyone,
Topic for this months meeting is "Fancy Guppies". Charles Pratt will be giving
a presentation all about guppies, and there will be fancy guppies to buy in the
auction and fancy guppies to win on the raffle table! Meeting is this Sunday,
Feb 8th.
The San Diego Tropical Fish Society meets the second Sunday of every month,
rain or shine, at 6:30 PM in room 101 of the Casa del Prado in Balboa Park, San
Diego. (Right next to the San Diego Zoo). Each meeting has a guest speaker or
presentation on some thing fish related, a mini fish show (This month the show
is going to be Betta Splendans, AKA Siamese Fighting Fish), a big raffle table
full of fish prizes like an aquarium, supplies, aquatic plants, fish,
invertabrates, food, live food cultures, more! Tickets are only 10c! We also
have a mini fish auction with fish brought in and usually bred by members
(anyone can bid on the fish and they go cheap too!). The club also sponsers 2
huge auctions a year, a yearly fish show and we have monthly field trips.
Please come and check it out sometime, we would love to have you and it is free
to attend! You can email me at for more info,
directions, etc., or call our fish info line at 619-281-FISH, or check out our
website at
www.sandiegotropicalfish.com
Hope to see some of you there soon!
Next meeting is this coming Sunday, Feb 8th, there will be a mini fish auction
that starts at 6:30 PM and runs til 7:00 PM, so come early if you want to bid
on fish, plants, and supplies, things go CHEAP!!! You do not have to be a
member to bid and buy fish, or attend the meeting, so please come to the
meeting!
Some of the fish that will be in this months auction will be: Plecostomus,
Apistogrammas, Rare wild livebeareres (like halfbeaks, blue eyed gambusia) Koi
angelfish, etc. See you this Sunday! Email me for a map to the meeting