GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Do you think my well water is not suitable for planted tank? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/52053-do-you-think-my-well-water-not-suitable-planted-tank.html)

Aqua 08-02-2004 03:03 PM

Do you think my well water is not suitable for planted tank?

My Well water parameters are

ph 7.6+
kH 15deg +
GH 12+

It is a new setup and I do not have any plants yet.

Regards
Dominic

Victor Martinez 08-02-2004 05:34 PM

Do you think my well water is not suitable for planted tank?

Plants will do just fine.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

coelacanth 08-02-2004 09:03 PM

Do you think my well water is not suitable for planted tank?

My water is harder and a little more alkaline
and I have no problems with plants (although
it has been survival of the fittest).

-coelacanth

om...

[email protected] 08-02-2004 10:39 PM

(Aqua) wrote in message . com...
My Well water parameters are

ph 7.6+
kH 15deg +
GH 12+

It is a new setup and I do not have any plants yet.

Regards
Dominic

Nothing wrong with this as far as plants.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Aqua 25-02-2004 01:38 PM

(Aqua) wrote in message . com...
My Well water parameters are

ph 7.6+
kH 15deg +
GH 12+

It is a new setup and I do not have any plants yet.

Regards
Dominic

I am continuously pumping CO2 for the past 3 days and I am able to
reduce the above pH to 7.4. My KH is very high (17dh) and I think its
not allowing pH to go down.

My Fishes Neon, H. Rasboro and angels are doing fine. My water
wisteria, ambulia are growing very slow. Only amazon is growing very
fast.

Any help in this regard please..

Thanks and Regards
Dominic

Aqua 25-02-2004 01:54 PM

(Aqua) wrote in message . com...
My Well water parameters are

ph 7.6+
kH 15deg +
GH 12+

It is a new setup and I do not have any plants yet.

Regards
Dominic

Forgot to add:

Tank 200lit ~50US Gal
Light 132 Watts

As per Aqua Pharm NO3 test kit I have 40ppm NO3 in my tank so I do NOT
dose KNO3. My well water has 10ppm of NO3. I am adding 1/4 tea spoon
ECO Enterprise Fish Trace (one of PMDD) every other day. As per Hagen
Phosphate test kit my Tank water has 2ppm PO4.

Regards
Dominic