GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   UGH! Snails! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/52133-ugh-snails.html)

Troy Bruder 09-02-2004 05:01 PM

UGH! Snails!

I recently added a single new plant to my tank... Now, I'm infested with
small snails... I'm sure they are eating my plants, so what's the best way
to get rid of them?

Thanks,
Troy

CS 10-02-2004 02:23 PM

UGH! Snails!

Loaches are a good snail eater. Clown Loaches and tiger loaches (Botia
striata)---there are tons of others species as well.

Harry Muscle 10-02-2004 06:21 PM

UGH! Snails!

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
I had no idea! A clown loach or two would make an excellent addition to

the
tank. Thanks!

Troy

Clown loaches need to be in a group of three at least to be happy. They
also get big, 12". Make sure your tank is big enough.

Harry