Old 10-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Djay

Default "rubber lipped" Pl*co

Thinking about adding a "rubber lipped" Pl*co to my tank....

Anyone have any luck with this Pl*co and a planted tank?
Anyone have this particular Pl*co destroy their plants?
Anyone know why we type Pl*co with the * ?

Thanks,

DJay

Old 10-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Bob Alston

Mine is doing great in my planted tank. Only about 1.5 inches long.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
"Djay" wrote in message
Thinking about adding a "rubber lipped" Pl*co to my tank....

Anyone have any luck with this Pl*co and a planted tank?
Anyone have this particular Pl*co destroy their plants?
Anyone know why we type Pl*co with the * ?

Thanks,

DJay

---

Old 10-02-2004, 02:22 PM
CS

It soundslike a pleco from the species Chaetostoma--also called the bulldog
pleco. While they are good algae eaters, they should be fine in a planted
tank. The only damage they can do is uproot plants that are not established
as they roam the tank.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:26 AM
Djay

Okay, I GOOGLED on them and found debate on the plant eating habits. So I
asked. I'm going to give it a shot and if he/she decides to start gnoshing
on my plants, I'll go from there. Everything I read reagarding Pl*cos was
that if they do get a taste for the flora, to just give them more veggies to
curb their appetite?

DJay

Old 11-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Robert MacCara

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:09:32 -0800, Djay wrote:

Thinking about adding a "rubber lipped" Pl*co to my tank....

Anyone have any luck with this Pl*co and a planted tank? Anyone have this
particular Pl*co destroy their plants? Anyone know why we type Pl*co with
the * ?

I don't know about the "*". Years ago we just called them Plecostomus, so
I suspect someone along the line decided it was too much to type!
Rob