Old 12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Arthur Suggitt

Default I think it is a good idea

Don't know why I didn't think of it before.
I am using small plastic tie - wraps to secure my plants to rocks &
bogwood.

R4
Old 12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Dunter Powries

Arthur Suggitt wrote in message
Don't know why I didn't think of it before.
I am using small plastic tie - wraps to secure my plants to rocks &
bogwood.

Do you mean the small plastic tie that has a small metal core which will
corrode into the tank water?

Try this, too... Use the nylon mesh bag that onions come in. Wrap wood and
stones with java moss, riccia, or what-have-you, and then wrap with the
onion bag. Or wrap wood and stones with the onion bag and work baby java
fern or bolbitis, crypt willissii or whatever into the mesh.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
RedForeman ©®

"Dunter Powries" fech.redcap@spedlin wrote in message
Arthur Suggitt wrote in message
Don't know why I didn't think of it before.
I am using small plastic tie - wraps to secure my plants to rocks &
bogwood.

Do you mean the small plastic tie that has a small metal core which will
corrode into the tank water?

Try this, too... Use the nylon mesh bag that onions come in. Wrap wood

and
stones with java moss, riccia, or what-have-you, and then wrap with the
onion bag. Or wrap wood and stones with the onion bag and work baby java
fern or bolbitis, crypt willissii or whatever into the mesh.

That would work too... but what arthur was talking about is they're called
zip ties, they come in various sizes colors, etc, and it does make a good
idea....
http://www.nelcoproducts.com/ties/in...action=Zmcable

removal if and when necessary would or could be tricky, but Arthur, you come
up with a good idea... thanks, I'll be making use of that soon....

--
RedForeman ©®
still trying to remember to BOTTOM post....

Old 13-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Sandy

Try OE-QuoteFix http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-

Old 13-02-2004, 04:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

Sandy wrote:
RedForeman ©® wrote:

RedForeman ©®
still trying to remember to BOTTOM post

Try OE-QuoteFix http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

Sandy it worked perfectly, now if only MS had a fix for it... I thought it
was something I hadn't checked somewhere, and spent 20m everyday trying to
fix it...

thanks.

Old 13-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Eric Schreiber

"RedForeman ©®" wrote:

That would work too... but what arthur was talking about is they're called
zip ties, they come in various sizes colors, etc, and it does make a good
idea... http://www.nelcoproducts.com/ties/in...action=Zmcable

I'm using them in my divided ten gallon betta tank to hold the "craft
canvas" together. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it early on in the
project, so I've got several places where I used silicon, but for
final snugging up the zip ties worked great.

If I ever build another divided tank, I'll use zip ties for all the
places where two pieces of craft canvas are joined.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Old 13-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Sandy

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
Sandy it worked perfectly, now if only MS had a fix for it... I thought it
was something I hadn't checked somewhere, and spent 20m everyday trying to
fix it...

Keep an eye on it though it doesn't work every time.

thanks.

You're welcome.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy