Old 25-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Paige

Default Do the roots ever stop growing?

This is a stupid question but....my planted tank is now about 2 years old
and I was just wondering if the roots always continue to grow in the
substrate? Don't they run out of room? How long can you leave the same
plants in the tank, do you have to uproot them and start with new ever?

Sorry for so many questions. I was a newbie 2 years ago and I guess I still
am for that matter. BYW I have a 12 gallon tank with anubias and
crypto's.....

Thank you ,
Paige

Old 25-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Aqua

"Paige" wrote in message link.net...
This is a stupid question but....my planted tank is now about 2 years old
and I was just wondering if the roots always continue to grow in the
substrate? Don't they run out of room? How long can you leave the same
plants in the tank, do you have to uproot them and start with new ever?

Sorry for so many questions. I was a newbie 2 years ago and I guess I still
am for that matter. BYW I have a 12 gallon tank with anubias and
crypto's.....

Thank you ,
Paige

My "hands" move plants here and there at least once a month (Actually
I wanted to make my tank look like one of those at Nature World
Aquarium tanks ..) During that time I just cut excess roots and
replant them.

Regards
Dominic