Old 26-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Harry Muscle

Default Surface turbulance in a planted non CO2 inject tank, good or bad?

I know that surface turbulence is bad in a planted CO2 injected tank since
it drives off the extra CO2 that is pumped into the tank. However, what
about a planted non CO2 injected tank, like mine? I'm setting up a 55G
planted tank with 1.75wpg, and instead of CO2 I'm using Flourish Excel. Do
I want surface turbulence or not?

I can see both an argument for and against it. For ... you want to rep
the CO2 that is being used up by the plants. Against ... you don't want to
drive off any CO2 that is produced by the fish and the plants at night. So
which one is right?

Thanks,
Harry