Old 26-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Andrew Roberts

Default Surface turbulance in a planted non CO2 inject tank, good or

Harry Muscle wrote:
I know that surface turbulence is bad in a planted CO2 injected tank since
it drives off the extra CO2 that is pumped into the tank. However, what
about a planted non CO2 injected tank, like mine? I'm setting up a 55G
planted tank with 1.75wpg, and instead of CO2 I'm using Flourish Excel. Do
I want surface turbulence or not?

Harry, if you are using Excel for a carbon source, I wouldn't worry too
much about surface turbulence. We're talking normal HOB filter
turbulence, and not Jacuzzi jets, right?

--Andrew
Old 26-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Andrew Roberts

Harry Muscle wrote:
Harry, if you are using Excel for a carbon source, I wouldn't worry too
much about surface turbulence. We're talking normal HOB filter
turbulence, and not Jacuzzi jets, right?

I was thinking air bubbles, my wife likes the look of them.

I've got a tank with an air driven sponge filter that I use Excel on
(when i remember to add it) and crypts, anubias, bacopa and najas all do
fine. Growth isn't explosive, but I do see benefits from the excel.

Old 27-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Victor Martinez

Eric Schreiber wrote:
I can't give any absolute answer, but I have a heavly planted 20 gallon
with an Eclipse hood (lots of surface turbulance). I haven't injected
CO2 for several months, and I don't even use Excel. Plant growth is
excellent.

Is that a 20g long? With an Eclipse 3 hood? I have one of those and my
plants grow great!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he