GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sulphate (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/53874-sulphate.html)

xtr396472 28-02-2004 03:18 AM

sulphate

I see I can add Mag sulphate to raise my GH but in the text it says this
introduces sulphates. What is the problem with having high sulphates and
what limit can I have
Thanks

[email protected] 29-02-2004 06:26 PM

sulphate

"xtr396472" wrote in message ...
I see I can add Mag sulphate to raise my GH but in the text it says this
introduces sulphates. What is the problem with having high sulphates and
what limit can I have
Thanks

I've found plants growing in warm sulfur springs. I doubt there's much
of an upper limit unless you are adding a great deal of
SO4...........plants take in SO4 as their form of Sulfur for
nutrients.
It's very common in tap water with any GH.

Regards,
Tom Barr