GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Would like to add live plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/54401-would-like-add-live-plants.html)

Andy Arhelger 03-03-2004 10:44 PM

Would like to add live plants

I would like to add live plants to my freshwater 55 gal aquarium. I have
tried some in the past but the fish eat the plants faster than they grow
and after a week or so nothing remains. I have 4 large silver dollars
which seem to eat up the live plants the fastest. Is there anything I
can do to prevent this or should I stick to plastic? I have only tried 2
or 3 plants at a time. I thought it I put in a lot of plants they would
have a better chance of growing faster than the fish can eat them. Any
ideas?

Andy Arhelger

Paulo 03-03-2004 11:24 PM

Would like to add live plants

You should check with your LFS. I know fish doesnt like the taste of Java
Ferns and Onion plants...

--
Paulo

CS 05-03-2004 04:35 AM

Would like to add live plants

Silver dollars are notorious plant eaters--your best bet is to stick to
plastic---sorry.

lowcoaster