GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   duckweed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/54816-duckweed.html)

[email protected] 07-03-2004 08:36 PM

duckweed

Anyone ever try to use a marine protein skimmer
With fresh water to take duckweed out of planted
(Duckweed infested) tank??

Would the babies get taken in??

Would mature fish get taken in??

Bill Kirkpatrick 07-03-2004 09:10 PM

duckweed

wrote:
Anyone ever try to use a marine protein skimmer

It won't work.

Protein skimmers are designed to remove organic molocules
and fine particulates (cloudiness) from the water.

In comparison, a protein skimmer is designed to filter out
ants. Meanwhile, as small as it may be, duckweed is of
skyscrapper proportion.

With fresh water to take duckweed out of planted
(Duckweed infested) tank??

Can't you just spend an few minutes focused on carefully
removing all traces of these small floating plants? If your
fish net is too big a mesh, try using something like a craft
felt or a stocking.

fred 05-05-2004 01:07 AM

duckweed

Just buy Australion Rainbows of various kinds. They think Duckweed is
candy. Jim

Victor Martinez 05-05-2004 04:07 AM

duckweed

fred wrote:
Just buy Australion Rainbows of various kinds. They think Duckweed is
candy. Jim

I don't think so. I have two species of rainbows in my 110 gallons and
I've been fighting duckweed for months.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

fred 13-05-2004 11:20 PM

duckweed

Dont feed the rainbows. I promise they'll eat piece of duckweed..Jim