GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green algae (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/54831-green-algae.html)

Marek 07-03-2004 11:21 PM

Green algae

I have 10 gallon planted tank with 2 x 15W fluorescent light

one 6700K other 5500K. Gravel Seachem Flourite.

Hagen Natural CO2 System one bubble per 3 sec.

Fish are 5 cardinal tetras, 2 blue rams, 5 algae eaters, 2 Cory cats.

My plants grow very well but I have problem with small hair like 0.5 cm long
green algae. I do change 15 % of water 2 times a week and add daily 5 drops
of KENT Micronutrients.

Can anyone can help me how to stop this algae.

Marek

Ryan Wilson 08-03-2004 07:37 PM

Green algae

*snip*
My plants grow very well but I have problem with small hair like 0.5 cm

long
green algae. I do change 15 % of water 2 times a week and add daily 5

drops
of KENT Micronutrients.

Do you dose any of the macro nutrients such as Nitrogen or Potassium? You
may need to dose KNO3 if you are not already. This will give you better
plant growth and allow them to use up the nutrients that the algae is
feeding on.