Old 10-03-2004, 05:11 PM
san

Default Java Sword

I am new to live plants and have a question. I purchased two Java
Swords 6 weeks ago. One of the plants is growing babies on the ends of
the leaves.
How long should I allow them to remain as they are and how do I go
about transplanting them away from their parent plant?

Thanks,
San

Old 10-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Rick

"san" wrote in message
. com...
I am new to live plants and have a question. I purchased two Java
Swords 6 weeks ago. One of the plants is growing babies on the ends of
the leaves.
How long should I allow them to remain as they are and how do I go
about transplanting them away from their parent plant?

Thanks,
San

I believe your referring to Microsorium pteropus or Java Fern. The plantlets
can stay with the mother plant for as long as you want , they will just
continue to grow and eventually you will have another nice decent size Java
Fern. You normally do not plant Java Fern, you attach it to a piece of
driftwood or a rock. Many use a piece of fishing line to tie it until the
roots take hold. I simply find a crack or crevice between rocks or in the
wood and stick them in.

Rick

Old 11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
CS

Wait until you see roots that are long enough for you to secure the baby to
a rock or piece of wood.

lowcoaster
. com...