Old 24-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Zipperhead

Default Snail Hunting fish - recommendations ?

In article ,
says...

Forget a fish... Just toss in a Frenchman.

Old 24-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Geoff Kemp

I believe a YoYo loach does not get as large as a Clown.. Effective at the
ridding of snails...

What sort of loach would be aok in a tank with guppies, bronze cory cats and
neon tetras ?? I relasie that a clown woulod be out of the question, but how
big do the yo-yo and zebra get ??

Geoff

Old 24-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Geoff Kemp

I believe a YoYo loach does not get as large as a Clown.. Effective at
the
ridding of snails...

What sort of loach would be aok in a tank with guppies, bronze cory cats

and
neon tetras ?? I relasie that a clown woulod be out of the question, but

how
big do the yo-yo and zebra get ??

forgot to add that I need it to be able to take care of snails too

Geoff

Old 24-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Andy Hill

"Geoff Kemp" wrote:
I believe a YoYo loach does not get as large as a Clown.. Effective at the
ridding of snails...

What sort of loach would be aok in a tank with guppies, bronze cory cats and
neon tetras ?? I relasie that a clown woulod be out of the question, but how
big do the yo-yo and zebra get ??

Either the yoyo or zebra would be fine with that mix -- they're not particularly
aggressive. In theory, the yoyo can get up to 6", but I've yet to see one that
big. Zebras max out a bit smaller, say 4-5". They both like company (I've
got 4 yoyos in my 29g community tank), so plan on a small school, not just one.
Old 25-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Dustin The-Wind

Puffers are by far THE BEST at ridding tank of snails... They can even
out do the snails at eating holes in your leaf plants .

Puffes love leaving n' the S-car .. go ..

Old 25-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Dustin The-Wind

Old 25-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Dustin The-Wind

Old 25-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Dustin The-Wind

Old 25-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Reg

Having both zebra loaches (b. striata) and yo-yo's in the same tank with
neons there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. My zebras are much
smaller than yo-yo's. (both 2yrs old). Both are pretty good snailers but
I give the edge to zebras.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:26:06 -0500, NetMax wrote:

I think that it varies by loach type & individual. My Yoyo is best
friends with all the snails. Zebra loaches are supposed to be a bit more
carnivorous (snailers) and don't get as large as Clowns.

NetMax

"T" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I believe a YoYo loach does not get as large as a Clown.. Effective at

the
ridding of snails...

Tim