Old 10-04-2004, 09:02 AM
John

Default Marine Plants + Freshwater questions...

Hello.

I just wondered if there is a newsgroup for Marine Plants?

I would like to get back into the aquarium hobby after moving home a
couple of times in the last year, and after building a new canopy for
my tank. I would also like to start my first Marine aquarium as well
as continuing with Freshwater planted tanks.

I've never really thought about it much before but is there a clearly
defined line between Marine and Freshwater plants? I have a catalogue
somewhere from Green Line Aquatics I think it is here in the UK, but
don't recall noticing different freshwater and marine sections.

At the moment I just look after a 24" tank for my sister which did
have quite a few different plants in it, but none of them survived
except for the Java Ferns which are thriving all over it. Do you know
of any other plants I could add to this if I make space that would do
as well as the Javas? I would like to add a bit of variety to it and
make it more interesting.

The tank I have is a strange size... It's 75x37.5x37.5cm (30x15x15").
I plan to do this one up into a freshwater planted tank. This is the
one I made a new canopy for which has reflectors from AH Supply (in
California I think) that can accommodate 3 Triton 1.5"x 24" 20w tubes.
I may only use two though and have a blue light in their as well. I
already have a lot of new gear I purchased cheaply from SeaMe in
Holland. I bought all this stuff a year or two back but because of
moving and building the new canopy never yet managed to get it all up
and running. I did get an External Eheim canister filter though as
well as a good air pump.

I plan on purchasing a larger aquarium for my Marine one, which should
hopefully be 120cm (48") in length.

Anyway thanks for any further info on the questions I had.

I can't wait to get back up and running. My first task is going to be
finding something suitable and strong enough to hold my 75cm tank.

John

Old 10-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Toni

"John" wrote in message
Hello.

I just wondered if there is a newsgroup for Marine Plants?

There is a Marine Plant Forum on ReefCentral.com

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/reef.htm