Old 22-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Stud

Default Help !Crypt has a flower bud.

Hi All,

I'm new to the plant aquarium.
I set up my plant aquarium about 2 months.
I have Amazon sword, Crypt (vs. becketti), rotala indica, Anubias vs. nana
and Wisteria in my 10 galon tank.
Tankmate: 6 glowlite tetra, 6 neon tetra, and 2 algae eating shrimps and 2
Ottos.

Everything is fine, my question is my Crypt looks like it has 2 flower buds
(one big, one small )
The big one looks like it's been at the same size or condition for 2 weeks
now. What can I do to make the flower bud open naturally.
I have heard Crypt's bud flower above water. it that true?
sorry for the spelling if there is any word that is mis-spell.
Thanks in adanvce.

Ed

Old 26-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Dave Millman

Stud wrote:

Everything is fine, my question is my Crypt looks like it has 2 flower buds
(one big, one small )
The big one looks like it's been at the same size or condition for 2 weeks
now. What can I do to make the flower bud open naturally.
I have heard Crypt's bud flower above water. it that true?

You cannot do much, just enjoy your healthy crypts. If you move them, they are
likely to melt, which is not a crisis, but you will lose the healthy plant for
a few weeks or months while it recovers.

Congratulations on your healthy plants!

Old 29-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Stud

Sorry, for the late reply.
my computer has down for almost a week.
Now my crypt's bud had melted. It's okay...it has new leaf coming out.
Thanks for the reply.

Ed