Old 24-04-2004, 06:05 PM

o Black tetra
o Others

web site listed above.

Thanks!
Old 24-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Marksfish

Default Which is the most popular Fish?

aquarium_club group:

But only if you are already registered. I suspect a vast majority of us are
not!

Old 24-04-2004, 06:05 PM

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:30:51 +0100, "Marksfish"

aquarium_club group:

But only if you are already registered. I suspect a vast majority of us are
not!

I suspect the vast majority don't give a toss!

Old 24-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Boris

"Aman" wrote in message
om...
aquarium_club group:

Which is the most popular Fresh water
fish among the aquarists ?

The one who brings the beer?

Old 25-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Charlie Durand

That's easy, Oscars. Everyone knows that.

All those other fish are feeders.

"Aman" wrote in message
om...
aquarium_club group:

Which is the most popular Fresh water
fish among the aquarists ?

o GoldFish
o Bettas
o Oscar
o Discus
o Angelfish
o Mollies
o Guppy
o Sharks
o Pelco
o Gourami
o Tiger Barb
o Zebra Danio
o Loach
o Black tetra
o Others

web site listed above.

Thanks!

Old 25-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Limnophile

Rhombeus piranha - even Oscars are feeders .

Old 25-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Jim Anderson

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:20:51 GMT, Limnophile had this to say...

Rhombeus piranha - even Oscars are feeders .

"Charlie Durand" wrote in message
That's easy, Oscars. Everyone knows that.

All those other fish are feeders.

(Hoplias malabaricus) 'Tiger tetra', 'Piranha Eater' - even Piranha are
feeders
http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/tigrfish.htm

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Old 25-04-2004, 11:21 PM
luminos

I read that the largest selling fish in numbers in the US is the neon tetra.

Old 25-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Dinky

| Oh please, an Oscar would kick a piranha's ass.

One on one, full grown the both of them, yes.

Old 26-04-2004, 06:05 PM
bottom feeder

luminos wrote:
I read that the largest selling fish in numbers in the US is the neon tetra.

Working in a chain pet store I'd have to agree. Either that or the male
guppy.

--
dan
Old 26-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Alan Ruben

In my experience, if you are going by sheer numbers, the feeder comet
goldfish (Carassius auratus) outsells almost all other aquarium fish added
together.

--
Alan
www.bostonaquariumsociety.org

Old 26-04-2004, 09:05 PM
RedForeman ©®

Oh please, an Oscar would kick a piranha's ass.

All fish are feeders for a Red Devil....

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!! ==========================

is that better??

Old 27-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Gene

Yep. Red devils kill piranhas and oscars.

Old 27-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Limnophile

It seems I have to say it again , so here goes ...

Quoting a website :
" Serrasalmus Rhombeus (The Black Piranha). The S.Rhombeus, better known as
the Rhom, is a great fish to keep. They have the pointed features associated
with the Serrasalmus genus leading up to a thick high back under the dorsal
fin. The fish has amazing red eyes, which it is famous for and is a
legendary eater. The S.Rhombeus is not a particularly difficult fish to keep
but must be kept on its own, so if you are looking to keep a solitary fish,
this is your boy. The main reason is that this fish does not mix with any
other fish, including it's own breed. They will attack and kill any other
fish in the tank. Because of this, they are a very popular fish for the
hobbyist to keep but will need large housing due to their size. The fish is
found all over the Amazon and Orinoco waterways and can grow to 22" in
maturity. Again large housing will be needed if the fish is to grow to this
size and an adult S.Rhombeus can easily amputate a human hand at the wrist
in 2 or 3 bites, so be careful. "

Are you sure an Oscar or Red Devils can handle one of these ?

Oscars and Red Devils have smaller teeth and are slower... I've kept all 3
species.
Oscars and other cichlids are more intresting, and more pet-like. But as far
as fighting / eating ability Oscars and Red devils both lose to the black
piranha. Red bellies or other piranha species would be feeders for Red
Devils , true. But not the Rhombeus...

Limnophile

"Charlie Durand" wrote in message
Please... black piranhas and red devils.

Oscars would bitch slap both these fish.