Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM
bottom feeder

Default Algae website

Is there a website out there with info and pictures of different kinds
of algae in aquaria and how best to treat each kind? I seem remember
something like this, but can't seem to find it.

If there's not one, maybe someone here can help me. I've got a kind of
green flim algae that covers my hygro, dwarf sag, tank walls, and
gravel, but sword seems to be left alone by it. It's got the color of
java moss, but grows in a film. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
--
dan
Old 05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Harry Muscle

"bottom feeder" wrote in message
Is there a website out there with info and pictures of different kinds
of algae in aquaria and how best to treat each kind? I seem remember
something like this, but can't seem to find it.

If there's not one, maybe someone here can help me. I've got a kind of
green flim algae that covers my hygro, dwarf sag, tank walls, and
gravel, but sword seems to be left alone by it. It's got the color of
java moss, but grows in a film. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
--
dan

There's:

http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/algae_gallery.htm
http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/algae.htm

Other's might have more bookmarked.

Harry

Old 06-05-2004, 01:10 AM
bottom feeder

Harry Muscle wrote:
"bottom feeder" wrote in message

Is there a website out there with info and pictures of different kinds
of algae in aquaria and how best to treat each kind? I seem remember
something like this, but can't seem to find it.

If there's not one, maybe someone here can help me. I've got a kind of
green flim algae that covers my hygro, dwarf sag, tank walls, and
gravel, but sword seems to be left alone by it. It's got the color of
java moss, but grows in a film. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
--
dan

There's:

http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/algae_gallery.htm
http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/algae.htm

Other's might have more bookmarked.

The first one was it. The second one helped, too. Thank you, sir.

So, the next question is, is it worth it to treat my tank with Maracyn
to get rid of blue-green algae or should I just continue to manually
clean it up? The tank has two Blue Rams in it who are absolutely
beautiful and I don't want to risk killing them.

--
dan

Harry

Old 07-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Happy'Cam'per

"bottom feeder" wrote in message So,
the next question is, is it worth it to treat my tank with Maracyn
to get rid of blue-green algae or should I just continue to manually
clean it up? The tank has two Blue Rams in it who are absolutely
beautiful and I don't want to risk killing them.

If this is a planted tank then add some NO3, about an eighth of a teaspoon
per 10 gallons. Do a large water change first, removing as much as you can
manually. This should sort it out.
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**