Old 11-05-2004, 10:10 PM
fedward

Default Carbo-Plus CO2?

Can any one tell me their experiences with a Carbo-Plus CO2 device?

Does it work better than other CO2 setups?

It looks fairly simple - but how is it for cost and reliability?

I am using a CO2 tank and power reactor now and am wondering whether I
should switch to the Carbo-Plus unit

Thanks

Fred

Old 12-05-2004, 04:07 PM
RedForeman ©®

|| Can any one tell me their experiences with a Carbo-Plus CO2 device?

Never used one, I used pressurized CO2, and I wont' give it up...

|| Does it work better than other CO2 setups?

It can't work better than a press. CO2 setup, not possible...

|| It looks fairly simple - but how is it for cost and reliability?
|| I am using a CO2 tank and power reactor now and am wondering whether
|| I should switch to the Carbo-Plus unit

Why on earth, would you want to switch from a no hands setup, to a weekly,
biweekly routine of having to mix and switch out, etc... especially when a
5lb CO2 bottle lasts me almost 4 months... for $11, versus the Carboplus
packets that run out every month, costing $18??
--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!! ==========================

is that better??

Old 14-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Chris_S

No free lunch. The pores on the block get filled up after a while and it
looses it's effectiveness. You have to replace them after about 6 months.
I changed to DIY CO2 and I think that works much better, and is certainly
cheaper. CO2 tanks are fine, but my 5 year twin girls like to help and mix
the CO2 bottles so we have more fun with that around our house. Cool fizzy
stuff. The girls call it Fish soda pop.

Chris.

Old 15-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Dave

There's been quite a few posts about the Carbo-Plus system. Although it
worked OK for my 29gal system in terms of CO2 production, I had a few fish
die about a day after I put it in my tank. I Googled and only found one
other person who had this problem, so take that for what it's worth.

I also found the unit to be a bit messy ... some kind of whitish-grey
material forms on the carbon block holder and flakes off into the tank.