Old 14-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default what is ideal sulfate levels for planted aquaria?

I've recently eliminated adding nitrate to my aquarium since my fish are
growing bigger and there is enough supplied naturally. For my macros I used
to add potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, and phosphate. Now I'm only
adding potassium sulfate in double the quantity that I used to in order make
up for the loss of added potassium that I was getting from the KNO3. Since
I'm doubling that dose (to get approx. 20ppm potassium) I'm realizing that
the amount of sulfate added is also doubling. Would this pose a problem? I
don't know how much sulfate is required or neccessary in a planted aquaria
and didn't see it listed in Chuck Gadd's pmdd calculator.

Thanx for any help!!

Dave Picklyk.

Ideal humidity levels? keith Orchids 2 13-08-2007 12:16 AM
Welcome to rec.aquaria and alt.aquaria. Mid month FAQ pointer andlinks Elaine T Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 16-02-2006 03:16 AM
rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 25-02-2004 06:32 PM
rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 25-02-2004 02:55 PM
Is it alt.binaries.aquaria or rec.aquaria.binaries Velvet Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 20-04-2003 07:13 AM