Old 15-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Dave

Default plant recommendation sought

Hi folks;

I'm looking for recommendations for a low-light, rooted foreground plant.
I've got about 1.5" of flourite there. Thanks!

Old 15-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Kris

Dave wrote:

Hi folks;

I'm looking for recommendations for a low-light, rooted foreground plant.
I've got about 1.5" of flourite there. Thanks!

what is the distance from your light to the water level and then water
level to the substrate. Other important factors are the specs for your
primary light source and amount/type of ambient light.

Kris
Old 16-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Dave

"Kris" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Hi folks;

I'm looking for recommendations for a low-light, rooted foreground

plant.
I've got about 1.5" of flourite there. Thanks!

what is the distance from your light to the water level

3"

and then water
level to the substrate.

17"

Other important factors are the specs for your
primary light source and amount/type of ambient light.

65 watts PC 8800K

Not sure what you mean about ambient light ... meaning, light coming from
room lights and windows?

Old 17-05-2004, 03:19 PM
RedForeman ©®

||| what is the distance from your light to the water level
|| 3"
||| and then water
||| level to the substrate.
|| 17"
||| Other important factors are the specs for your
||| primary light source and amount/type of ambient light.
|| 65 watts PC 8800K
|| Not sure what you mean about ambient light ... meaning, light coming
|| from room lights and windows?

Pretty sure that's what was meant, but not sure, cuz it has little
bearing.... anyhow, your setup does sound like it's in good shape..

Ok, with that, pretty much any plant except high-light plants... and you're
probably going to find that you can grow them too...

My setup is similar to yours...
29g, pressurized CO2, PCF 65W-6500k
pH 6.8
kH 3
with
Java Fern
Anubias Nana and Barteri
Ludwigia Repens
Wisteria
Moneywort
Tiger lotus

and 2 non-breeding kribs... he's sterile...

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!! ==========================

is that better??

Old 19-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Kris

RedForeman ©® wrote:

|| Not sure what you mean about ambient light ... meaning, light coming
|| from room lights and windows?

Pretty sure that's what was meant, but not sure, cuz it has little
bearing.... anyhow, your setup does sound like it's in good shape..

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I was referring to things like direct
sunlight - while not recommended, a short period of sunlight can allow
you to grow plants that require higher light levels

here are a few suggestions
- any of the java ferns
- crypto. walkeri 4-5 "
- crypto. lutea 1.5-2.5"
- crypto. affinis 2-3"
- anubias barteri 3-4"
- lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae 3-4"

Kris

Old 25-05-2004, 03:14 PM
RedForeman ©®

|| Sorry I wasn't very clear. I was referring to things like direct
|| sunlight - while not recommended, a short period of sunlight can
|| allow you to grow plants that require higher light levels
|| Kris

If you plan on utilizing sunlight as a light source, you're braver than I
am.... with sunlight, a little can go a very long way, and not just where
the light shines, it can cause the water to green and even worse....

Old 25-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Dwarf sagg has always been an easy foreground plant to keep in low light tanks.

Giancarlo Podio

Old 26-05-2004, 04:22 AM
Kris

Like I said 'not recommended' but I have utilized sunlight for a few
years on one of my more demanding tanks. That tank is mainly a carpet of
low growing forground plants.

I do diffuse the light through shears(?) I think thats what the wife
calls them. And there is only 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours of direct light per
day(season dependent)

Again this is not recommended, but it has worked for me
Kris

RedForeman ©® wrote:
|| Sorry I wasn't very clear. I was referring to things like direct
|| sunlight - while not recommended, a short period of sunlight can
|| allow you to grow plants that require higher light levels
|| Kris

If you plan on utilizing sunlight as a light source, you're braver than I
am.... with sunlight, a little can go a very long way, and not just where
the light shines, it can cause the water to green and even worse....

Plantbio Digest, Vol 34, Issue 2 RE PLANT ID SOUGHT Karen[_2_] Plant Biology 0 12-03-2008 12:07 AM
Plant Recommendation Suzie-Q Texas 13 09-07-2005 08:42 PM
Cast Iron plant - Cheap seller recommendation? M_Twain Texas 2 22-09-2004 09:07 PM
Retention pond bottoms plant recommendation? di Gardening 3 13-02-2003 01:55 PM
plant recommendation needed Inge Jones United Kingdom 9 09-02-2003 01:42 PM