Old 25-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Carmine J. Ventura JR

Default controlling algae

Hello all,

Just wanted to post a suggestion on controlling algae that worked for me. It
only took me 2 years to figure it out, up to this point I have tried
everything and it did not work. The solution was very simple. I just got a
plastic container, filled it with distilled water, added all the fertilizer
and micro nutrients that I normally add to my tank in the coarse of a week.
I divided the container into 7 equal parts and dose one part per day ( at
roughly the same time ). The tank is more stable and the algae has seriously
improved by about 90 % or better.

Prior to this, I would vacuum the gravel bed and within a day or two, it
would all be back.

Carmine

Old 26-05-2004, 05:23 PM
RedForeman ©®

|| Hello all,
|| Just wanted to post a suggestion on controlling algae that worked
|| for me. It only took me 2 years to figure it out, up to this point I
|| have tried everything and it did not work. The solution was very
|| simple. I just got a plastic container, filled it with distilled
|| water, added all the fertilizer and micro nutrients that I normally
|| add to my tank in the coarse of a week. I divided the container into
|| 7 equal parts and dose one part per day ( at roughly the same time
|| ). The tank is more stable and the algae has seriously improved by
|| about 90 % or better.
|| Prior to this, I would vacuum the gravel bed and within a day or
|| two, it would all be back.
|| Carmine

Which is pretty much what Tom Barr has been stating for, what.... the 2.5
years that I've been hanging around..... and I'm sure he's been stating it
longer than that....

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike

is that better??