GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Low Cost Planted Aquarium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/63158-low-cost-planted-aquarium.html)

Al Boswell 06-06-2004 06:05 AM

Low Cost Planted Aquarium

Hi
I am going to set up two 29-gallon aquariums. These tanks will be set up
according to "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" written by Diana Walstad. The
initial tank will be set up in Colorado the second will be in Texas.

In brief I will use a garden soil substrate with gravel overlay. No filter
and water changes every six months.

Since this is an expermintal setup, in my opinon, I will be keeping close
tabs on the water chemestry, limited by the test kits I have.

I have setup a Blog so that others may comment on the progress and view
pictures of the tanks as they are setup.

What is a Blog? A Blog allows all members to view the posts by me and any
other members. I have never tried this so it will be a learning experience
for me.

If you want to participate, its free but you will have to email me
so I can set you up as a member.

Al

RedForeman ©® 09-06-2004 03:22 PM

Low Cost Planted Aquarium

|| Hi
|| I am going to set up two 29-gallon aquariums. These tanks will be
|| set up according to "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" written by
|| Diana Walstad. The initial tank will be set up in Colorado the
|| second will be in Texas.
|| In brief I will use a garden soil substrate with gravel overlay. No
|| filter and water changes every six months.
|| Since this is an expermintal setup, in my opinon, I will be keeping
|| close tabs on the water chemestry, limited by the test kits I have.
|| I have setup a Blog so that others may comment on the progress and
|| view pictures of the tanks as they are setup.
|| What is a Blog? A Blog allows all members to view the posts by me
|| and any other members. I have never tried this so it will be a
|| learning experience for me.
|| If you want to participate, its free but you will have to email me
|| so I can set you up as a member.
|| Al

http://www.aquamaniacs.net/ecologyreview.html

you can always use us to be your blog... and your sounding board... there
are some of the best ppl right here...

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!! ==========================

is that better??

Bob 09-06-2004 03:22 PM

Low Cost Planted Aquarium

"Al Boswell" wrote in message

If you want to participate, its free but you will have to email me
so I can set you up as a member.

Do you think you can harness the technology out there so that we don't have
to send you an email address...
one easy way to do this, would be to sign up with the "blog" yourself...then
when you get the email from the "blog" you can post it to a free webhosting
service, or maybe even one provided for free by comcast,...or even this
ng,...god knows you can do that!!!
d|_|d3...7|-|/-\7 'd b3 l337

Bob

Dick 09-06-2004 03:22 PM

Low Cost Planted Aquarium

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:59:48 -0400, "RedForeman ©®"
wrote:

|| Hi
|| I am going to set up two 29-gallon aquariums. These tanks will be
|| set up according to "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" written by
|| Diana Walstad. The initial tank will be set up in Colorado the
|| second will be in Texas.
|| In brief I will use a garden soil substrate with gravel overlay. No
|| filter and water changes every six months.
|| Since this is an expermintal setup, in my opinon, I will be keeping
|| close tabs on the water chemestry, limited by the test kits I have.
|| I have setup a Blog so that others may comment on the progress and
|| view pictures of the tanks as they are setup.
|| What is a Blog? A Blog allows all members to view the posts by me
|| and any other members. I have never tried this so it will be a
|| learning experience for me.
|| If you want to participate, its free but you will have to email me
|| so I can set you up as a member.
|| Al

http://www.aquamaniacs.net/ecologyreview.html

you can always use us to be your blog... and your sounding board... there
are some of the best ppl right here...

Problem with binaries Red. They can be posted to
alt.binaries.aquaria. I did this once. I believe you saw my tank
pictures and said so.

The blog idea sounds interesting. I am always afraid to give out
personal information to personal sites where I don't know the person.
Life is full of risk.

I can understand advantages to the blog. It keeps all pertinent
information without having to follow threads and use alternate sites.

Good luck with the experiment. I hope you will provide updates. If
so please post related pictures on the binarie newsgroup and say that
you have done so. I don't retrieve all binaries unless I have a
reason.

dick

Al Boswell 09-06-2004 03:22 PM

Low Cost Planted Aquarium

Red
I have looked at the site you recommended. It is a very interesting site.
But after spending about an hour I am sure that it provides what I want.
This is probably due to my ignorance.

The site is know open to anyone that stumbles across it.
http://plantedaquarium.blogspot.com

you can post to it by clicking on the comment field. I really want as much
participation as I can get as I want this to work.

Al

Bob 09-06-2004 03:22 PM

Low Cost Planted Aquarium

"Al Boswell" wrote in message
I believe I have done that. The site is now set up so that anyone can post
to it.

Cool, I checked it out, it looks good & I like the initial write up -
thanks for making it easy for us to check it out!
Can you post the list of fish you are puting in the tank?

bob