GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black Piranha Serrasalmus niger (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/64593-black-piranha-serrasalmus-niger.html)

My Name 15-06-2004 08:06 AM

Black Piranha Serrasalmus niger

Anyone know where you can purchase any of this species. I have been
looking for some time now and I have lots of information but cannot
find any place that sells them. I have seen numerous places offering
black piranhas but they end up having a Rhombeus variety.

Limnophile 15-06-2004 11:05 AM

Black Piranha Serrasalmus niger

Why do you want the S. niger ? S. rhombeus are nice too ( in the same
vicious way .... )

Where are you located ? In many areas importing piranha is illegal .

Limnophile

om...

My Name 15-06-2004 05:07 PM

Black Piranha Serrasalmus niger

I have had piranhas for many years and have read many books on this
species. I have found all different types of piranhas for sale but
never have came across serrasalmus niger. I did have a rhombeus years
ago and it was a very aggressive fish. I am very curious about the
serrasalmus niger. I have read so much but am beginning to belive
this species is a myth.

"Limnophile" wrote in message .. .
Why do you want the S. niger ? S. rhombeus are nice too ( in the same
vicious way .... )

Where are you located ? In many areas importing piranha is illegal .

Limnophile

om...

Limnophile 16-06-2004 09:07 PM

Black Piranha Serrasalmus niger

I haven't seen an S. niger either. I've kept rhoms and a couple other
species tho.

Have you checked aquabid.com ?

Wish I could help more;
Limnophile