Old 15-06-2004, 09:06 AM
My Name

Default Black Piranha Serrasalmus niger

Anyone know where you can purchase any of this species. I have been
looking for some time now and I have lots of information but cannot
find any place that sells them. I have seen numerous places offering
black piranhas but they end up having a Rhombeus variety.
Old 15-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Limnophile

Why do you want the S. niger ? S. rhombeus are nice too ( in the same
vicious way .... )

Where are you located ? In many areas importing piranha is illegal .

Limnophile

om...

Old 15-06-2004, 06:07 PM
My Name

I have had piranhas for many years and have read many books on this
species. I have found all different types of piranhas for sale but
never have came across serrasalmus niger. I did have a rhombeus years
ago and it was a very aggressive fish. I am very curious about the
serrasalmus niger. I have read so much but am beginning to belive
this species is a myth.

"Limnophile" wrote in message .. .
Why do you want the S. niger ? S. rhombeus are nice too ( in the same
vicious way .... )

Where are you located ? In many areas importing piranha is illegal .

Limnophile

om...

Old 16-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Limnophile

I haven't seen an S. niger either. I've kept rhoms and a couple other
species tho.

Have you checked aquabid.com ?

Wish I could help more;
Limnophile