Old 27-06-2004, 08:17 PM
william kossack

Default Got CO2 injection system, now where the hell do I get the CO2

an easy place is a sporting goods store that caters to paintballers
they should both sell tanks and refill them.

an alternative is a privately owned tropical fish store not one of the
chains

Albert Owens wrote:

Just purchased about $400 worth of CO2 equipment (solenoid, bubble
counter, reactor, ph controller, etc.).

I thought it would be a simple phone call to get a CO2 cannister. The
vendor told me to go to the local fire station. They looked at me like
I was crazy. "What do you want a CO2 cannister for?" "Aquarium Plants"
I said. "I've never heard of that" was the reply I got. Anyway they
told me they couldn't help me.

I have tried local hardware stores. None of them offer it.

Tried looking online. Pressurized CO2 can't be shipped.

Did I just blow $400?

Old 04-07-2004, 07:02 PM
william kossack

but don't tell them what your using it for

Robert H wrote:

Where to get a C02 tank?

Look in your yellow pages under welding suppliers, every major city
has at least one, or wholesale beverage suppliers, (they sell C02
tanks to restaurants) or fire extinguisher suppliers, (not fire
stations, that is silly)

I have always bought my tanks and had them refilled at gas/welding
suppliers with no problems what so ever.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com

Old 07-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:36:39 GMT, william kossack
wrote:

but don't tell them what your using it for

My welding place didn't mind. In fact, the guy asked me to bring a
picture of the tank when I come in for my next refill.

I can't imagine how it would be a problem.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 07-07-2004, 04:02 PM
william kossack

just be prepared to answer questions
most have never heard of doing such a thing. I've certainly gotten my
share of blank stares
when I tried to explain why.