Old 28-06-2004, 08:12 PM
BobWu

Default SAE in philadelphia area

I've called all pets store on yellow book but still couldn't find one
that carries SAE, actually, most never heard of this fish. A few
owners are kind enough to look at the fish list from their wholesaler
but couldn't find it there either. Can anyone tell me a place in
Philadelphia area that has this fish? I can travel to New Jersey to
the north and Delware to the south. Thanks a lot.

Bob
Old 28-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Nitesbane

"BobWu" wrote in message
om...
I've called all pets store on yellow book but still couldn't find one
that carries SAE, actually, most never heard of this fish. A few
owners are kind enough to look at the fish list from their wholesaler
but couldn't find it there either. Can anyone tell me a place in
Philadelphia area that has this fish? I can travel to New Jersey to
the north and Delware to the south. Thanks a lot.

There are places where you can order them online, but the LFS near me sells
them (though I'm only 90% sure). I live in NJ. If you're really having
that much trouble finding the SAE shoot me an email...or get it online.

-Nitesbane

Old 29-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Craig Brye

I've never had any trouble getting these... They don't sell them at the
LFS, but they do carry them without even knowing. They sell flying fox, but
usually about half of the fish are actually SAE. Really easy to tell apart
once I actually examined them.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

om...

Old 29-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Hi Bob, The Hidden Reef gets these guys in every now and then. There
is a wish list book where you can enter your name and phone number and
fish you are looking for, they will call you when they get them in. If
I see them there I'll let you know, I'm right around the corner from
them. Once I also stumbled on two SAEs mixed in with a bunch of flying
foxes at Pets Plus (Red Lion rd.), but they had no idea what they were
and it took a little to convince the person to catch those two for me
and none of the others.

To my knowledge, The Hidden Reef and Aquarium Center in Baltimore are
the only two stores I visit personally that actually know what an SAE
is. Obviously you have to ask the right person, knowing who is a
regular employee and who is weekend help goes a long way when making
such requests/questions :-)

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio
www.gpodio.com