Old 09-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Nitesbane

Default Ground covering?

Is there a ground covering (maybe something that would provide *some*
protection for fry) that I can use in a low light aquarium with only gravel
as a substrate? I have a lot of java moss that rests on the bottom, but my
frogs like to dig it up before it can grab hold.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Dwarf sag. would do a great job, a little slow to spred in low light
but also does a good job at providing protection. You can also tie
some java moss to a piece of wood which will eventually grab a hold of
and the frogs won't be able to do much to it.

Here's a pic of my dwarf sag. in low light, my badis badis love hiding
in it:

http://www.gpodio.com/gallery/scene20.jpg

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio
www.gpodio.com

Old 09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Nitesbane

"Giancarlo Podio" wrote in message
m...
Dwarf sag. would do a great job, a little slow to spred in low light
but also does a good job at providing protection. You can also tie
some java moss to a piece of wood which will eventually grab a hold of
and the frogs won't be able to do much to it.

Here's a pic of my dwarf sag. in low light, my badis badis love hiding
in it:

http://www.gpodio.com/gallery/scene20.jpg

Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion! By
the way, what is the stem plant a little behind and to the left of the dwarf
sag? I have something that looks very similar (if not exactly the same) but
haven't been able to identify it...the fish store doesn't label any of the
plants, and the salespeople never know what they are.