GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aquaclear Filters... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/79078-aquaclear-filters.html)

Nitesbane 15-07-2004 02:05 AM

Aquaclear Filters...

What do you guys think about their "new" BioMax insert? The box claims
"Increases biological efficiency by 30%! Expands biological capacity of
aquariums. Provides optimal living conditions for beneficial bacteria."
I'm about to change the filter media on a new-ish tank and was wondering.
Thanks for any info.

JazzyB 15-07-2004 03:13 AM

Aquaclear Filters...

Most have been using other filter materials in their Aqua Clear filters for
a long time. You can use a stocking or buy a filter media bag and put
various types of media in it, i.e., crushed coral, ceramic rings, etc. Such
media helps develop the bacterial colony and is probably a lot cheaper than
buying a pre-packaged kit, IMO.