Old 20-07-2004, 01:11 AM
SamNC001

Default amount of light needed

i have a 125g tank i want to make into a planted tank. it will be a "general"
planted tank with just the typical plants you get at stores..no really fancy
stuff,. would two 96 compact flourescent light strips with my original two 30W
tube lights be enough?

also, do i absolutely have to have a CO2 injector?
Old 20-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Robert Flory

Depends on you desires. For a low tech relatively low light tank they would
be fine. No need for CO2, growth will just be slower.

many low light plants would do just fine.

Bob

Old 20-07-2004, 01:12 AM
CS

That comes to just over 2 watts per gallon. It shoud be OK if you stay away
from reds or difficult species.