Old 22-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Pww2n74

Default liquid organic carbon source a good substitute for CO2??

Greetings,

I just purchased an assortment of plants for my 10 gal. aquarium. In the past
I've used CO2 injection for plants, using the home-made method, but I wanted to
avoid all of that this time. When inquiring at a pet store, one guy pointed out
a product made by SeaChem which substitutes or supliments CO2 injection with a
liquid carbon source. He said that he used that only and had very good results,
and he showed me pictures of an aquarium set up by someone else who used it.
The before/after pics showed plants that really took off when using this stuff.

Is that stuff for real? Has anyone else had any experience using this type of
product?

Many thanks,
Paul

Old 22-07-2004, 08:07 AM
xtr396472

Yes it works well
The plants don't give of visible oxygen bubbles
Mine are very nice green.
I got sick of trying to maintain enough co2 pH etc
Now I just put 1ml each day. If you get the smaller containers a 1ml
dropper is supplied inside the bottle.
If you compare the price to the time and hassle of DIY CO2 it a good
investment.

Good product
Mike

Old 24-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Paul Wright

What's the name of the product ? I would like to try it...

It is Flourish Excel by Seachem.
Paul Wright