GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fantailed goldfish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/79951-fantailed-goldfish.html)

puddleduck 22-07-2004 06:28 PM

Fantailed goldfish

hi everyone can i put my 2 fantailed goldfish in my aquarium tank at a temperature of 22 with my neon tetras, blackmoors, swordtail, plectimuos cat fish, and some other that i dont know what they are. at the minute the fantail's are in a goldwater tank.

sophie 22-07-2004 09:05 PM

Fantailed goldfish

In message , puddleduck
writes

hi everyone can i put my 2 fantailed goldfish in my aquarium tank at a
temperature of 22 with my neon tetras, blackmoors, swordtail,
plectimuos cat fish, and some other that i dont know what they are. at
the minute the fantail's are in a goldwater tank.

goldfish will tolerate a wide range of temperatures and I think 22 is
well within that rang. But there are other issues - aside from
compatibility (your goldfish might well eat the neons when they get
bigger; someone else needs to advise you about the rest...) I think you
might have problems with bioload - goldfish need a lot of space. 10 US
gallons per goldfish is the usual recommendation.
--
sophie

puddleduck 23-07-2004 12:18 AM

Fantailed goldfish

thanks sophie i think i'll leave them where they are for the time being i dont want to loose any of the other fish.