Old 22-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Marlene Walters

Default Pregnant Livebearers

I have a pregnant guppy, a pregnant swordtail, and a pregnant sunburst
platy. Oh, and a pregnant Mickey Mouse platy as well. Does anyone know
where I can find pictures, or info on exactly how they behave when ready
to give birth? The swordtail has had five babies, I think it's her
babies. I am fairly new to this. She still looks pregnant, though. Black
gravid spot, and everything. Is it possible, that I made her have a few
early, because she had fungus, and I treated her with quick cure? Can
she still have more inside? I am sorry for the stupid questions, but I
KNOW someone here will know the answer. Oh, one more question. Is there
anywhere on the net, that sells things to Canada, C.O.? I don't have a
credit card. Or even uses paypal? LOL. Thanks for reading.

Marlene

Old 24-07-2004, 06:07 AM
NetMax

"Marlene Walters" wrote in message
I have a pregnant guppy, a pregnant swordtail, and a pregnant sunburst
platy. Oh, and a pregnant Mickey Mouse platy as well. Does anyone know
where I can find pictures, or info on exactly how they behave when

ready
to give birth?

Behavior varies, typically starting around some floating plants early in
the morning, but the entire delivery can many hours, so their location in
the tank varies.

The swordtail has had five babies, I think it's her
babies. I am fairly new to this. She still looks pregnant, though.

Black
gravid spot, and everything.

Livebearers don't really 'get' pregnant in the usual sense. They are
basically always pregnant, and able to drop a few batches of fry without
even any male intervention (they store the male's contribution for future
broods).

Is it possible, that I made her have a few
early, because she had fungus, and I treated her with quick cure? Can
she still have more inside?

yes & yes. Stressors can change their delivery cycle, from premature fry
to skipping a month.

I am sorry for the stupid questions, but I
KNOW someone here will know the answer. Oh, one more question. Is there
anywhere on the net, that sells things to Canada, C.O.? I don't have a
credit card. Or even uses paypal? LOL. Thanks for reading.

What is it that you are trying to purchase and where in Canada are you?

ps: You might want to post misc questions like this in
rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc instead of an ng which specializes in plants
*just a thought* ;~)
--
www.NetMax.tk

Marlene

Old 24-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Marlene Walters

Thanks NetMax, I thought that by posting here, you experts, would know,
and I wanted lots of people to see my question. I am in Newfoundland,
and I want to purchase different kinds of guppies, platys, swordtails,
and mollies. Thanks for all your help.

Marlene

Old 26-07-2004, 06:02 AM
NetMax

Check around to see if you have a local fish club, like a Newfoundland
Aquarium Society. The fish you are looking for should be readily
available.
--
www.NetMax.tk

"Marlene Walters" wrote in message
Thanks NetMax, I thought that by posting here, you experts, would know,
and I wanted lots of people to see my question. I am in Newfoundland,
and I want to purchase different kinds of guppies, platys, swordtails,
and mollies. Thanks for all your help.

Marlene

Pregnant or ill shrimp? Nikki Casali Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 06-04-2005 07:30 PM
One of my amano shrimp is pregnant :D Empty Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 10-03-2004 04:16 AM
Pregnant fantails???? rlb827 Ponds 3 26-06-2003 03:20 AM
? Tumor, or pregnant goldfish? BTC/TAK on ACK Ponds 3 09-06-2003 12:08 AM
Pregnant alligator plant? Lynn A. Gardening 23 10-04-2003 12:32 AM