Old 30-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Andrey Tarasevich

Default Lotus bulb question

Hello

I just got one of those red-leaved lotus plants (Nymphaea something).
The plant is attached to a bulb. What is the correct way to plant it?
More precisely, where should I place the bulb: on the gravel surface,
half-buried, buried just under the surface, deep-buried?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich

Old 30-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Craig Brye

I ordered the Green variety...

When I received my order, I actually received a huge bulb that had 4 leaves
sticking out. I saw roots coming out of the top of the bulb, so I pulled
the plant out. I then took and planted the Lotus into the gravel. I also
planted the bulb in the gravel (just so about 1/2" of the bulb could be
seen. The Lotus is doing fine and the bulb has sprouted again!

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

Old 31-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Andrey Tarasevich

Craig Brye wrote:
I ordered the Green variety...

When I received my order, I actually received a huge bulb that had 4 leaves
sticking out. I saw roots coming out of the top of the bulb, so I pulled
the plant out. I then took and planted the Lotus into the gravel. I also
planted the bulb in the gravel (just so about 1/2" of the bulb could be
seen.

You mean you actually _detached_ the plant from the bulb? Interesting.
That's, BTW, another question I wanted to ask about whether it is safe
to detach a young lotus plant from its bulb (assuming that the plant
already has its own roots).

The Lotus is doing fine and the bulb has sprouted again!

Does this new sprout come from the same spot on the bulb or from a
different spot?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich

Old 31-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Craig Brye

The new one came from the same spot on the bulb I had.

--

Craig Brye wrote:
[...]

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
From BULB to SEED and back to BULB JandK23 Lawns 0 29-04-2005 03:06 PM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
lotus question ande Ponds 9 23-04-2003 01:08 PM
Nedra/Lotus question Lee Brouillet Ponds 5 31-03-2003 07:08 PM