GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CO2 difuser (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/80676-co2-difuser.html)

Troy Bruder 31-07-2004 03:46 AM

CO2 difuser

Hello,

I'm looking for a "commercial" CO2 difuser.. Anyone have any GOOD ones to
recommend?

Thanks!
Troy

Craig Brye 31-07-2004 03:55 AM

CO2 difuser

I just feed my CO2 tube into the inlet of my canister filter... This has
been the best method I've seen yet!

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

Craig Brye 31-07-2004 04:24 AM

CO2 difuser

Yup... I have my CO2 hose rigged so it enters the bottom of the inlet
strainer. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the strainer and the tube
fits perfect. I have it positioned so I can manually see how many bubbles a
minute are being released (sucked) into the canister.

I only need about 12-15 bubbles a minute for my 75 gal. tank. Plants are
doing wonderful, and I don't have fluctuations. I don't think there's a
better method out there, and plus it's free. I tried various diffusers, but
all the ones I tried weren't anywhere near efficient as this method. I use
less than half the CO2 I once needed with commercial diffusers.

I'm sure someone makes a good product out there, but I'll never buy one.

Rico 01-08-2004 11:07 AM

CO2 difuser

I use the Reactor 1000.
http://www.co2-canisters.com look under CO2 accessories.

Rico

Michi Henning 02-08-2004 08:56 AM

CO2 difuser

"Rico" wrote in message
I use the Reactor 1000.
http://www.co2-canisters.com look under CO2 accessories.

I use that reactor too. It's simply brilliant. External model, so
there is no clutter, and it gets 100% dissolution even at very
high bubble rates (20 bubbles per *second*). Good for
up to 500 gal.

Cheers,

Michi.

--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Michi Henning 10-08-2004 02:15 AM

CO2 difuser

"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
Nice! What size tank? And do you think it would be overkill for a 30
gallon tank?

I'm using mine on a 150gal tank. It would definitely work very well
on a 30gal tank. Overkill? Possibly. On the other hand, that reactor
will definitely and permanently put an end to the topic of how to
get your CO2 into your tank.

Cheers,

Michi.

Bucky 12-08-2004 01:01 AM

CO2 difuser

Until an air pocket builds up one day while you are gone and causes your
impeller to overheat and seize......

It looks good in black and white though.

:):)

Bucky

surewest 13-08-2004 09:05 PM

CO2 difuser

Since the motors are located in the base (under the water column)
I don't see how that would happen. It would take an awful lot of
CO2 at VERY high pressure to force all the water in the canister]
down to the impeller and up the outlet tube.... I think it's a safe
way to do it.

--

Dr5000

| ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
| ((((º`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸. ((((º ·´¯`·. , .·´¯`·.. ((((º

All I ask is a chance to
.....prove money CAN'T make me happy.
_______________________

Craig Brye 14-08-2004 12:30 AM

CO2 difuser

That simply doesn't happen unless you're trying to empty your CO2 tank in
about 2 seconds!

The fact is... This method works absolutely great.

Bucky 14-08-2004 07:24 PM

Depends on the filter. I use Fluvals, and the impeller is located at the
top in the lid...not the base.

Not to mention the extreme amounts of co2 that build up inside (due to air
bubbles here and there) the could be harmful to the bacteria. I'm not
saying all of your beneficial bacteria are gonna die, but they may not
perform at their "prime" so to speak.