Old 01-08-2004, 02:22 AM
stareee

Default Yellow water

I just setup plant tank. I put pea gravel and aquatic soil mixed. However, I
got yellow water that seems no sign to clear in short time.Is it normal? or
what wrong with it? BTW, I washed gravel and soil both.

Old 01-08-2004, 04:29 AM
Victor Martinez

stareee wrote:
I just setup plant tank. I put pea gravel and aquatic soil mixed. However, I
got yellow water that seems no sign to clear in short time.Is it normal? or
what wrong with it? BTW, I washed gravel and soil both.

Do you have wood in it? It's probably the tannins... carbon in your
filter will clear it, but it might take several batches.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 01-08-2004, 04:33 PM
stareee

I don't have wood in it. Only thing I put is mixed pea gravel and aquatic
soil. I tried to wash aquatic soil. It took me a lot of times and I still
couldn't make aquatic soil clean. I thought that it just could't be clean,
so I mixed them and put them in. Tried to turn on filter for several hours
and no change. Do I need redo everything?

Old 01-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Victor Martinez

stareee wrote:
I don't have wood in it. Only thing I put is mixed pea gravel and aquatic
soil. I tried to wash aquatic soil. It took me a lot of times and I still
couldn't make aquatic soil clean. I thought that it just could't be clean,

Which brand of aquatic soil?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he