Old 14-08-2004, 01:49 PM
John Doe

Default CO2 Diffusion via air supply

For the past year I've been using a homemade CO2 generator. I've
experimented with several ways to diffuse the CO2 in the water
andfinally I just a T-valve and hooked my generator into my air lines.

After I make the water sugar yeast mix, I hook it up (no need to wait)
and the oxygen pressurizes my bottle (since it can easily escape through
the air stone the pressure cannot build up greatly, it can only equalize).

Once the yeast starts working a mix of Oxy (for fish and asthetics) and
CO2 (for plants) is released into the tank.

Any opinions or thoughts about this method?

Old 14-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Bucky

I would imagine that there isn't much co2 being released into your water.
If its just coming through an airstone and not actually getting diffused,
then most of it is just escaping at the surface... and leaving an air pump
hooked up during the day pretty much lets the rest of the co2 escape.

I bet there isn't much more of a (if any) concentration of co2 in your water
than there is in the air around your tank.

Bucky

. ..