Old 19-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Triffid Farmer

Default which Fluorescent light tubes

So who is using what and with what success.

Thanking you for any replies
Dean (outback OZ)

I'm using 4 x 36w Sylvania Growlux with good results over a std. 4 foot
tank.

Prices vary but I managed to get them for about A$17 each outside Sydney.

(Now that I have found the source of my algae problems it 's full steam
ahead.)

Old 19-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"Triffid Farmer" wrote in message
So who is using what and with what success.

Thanking you for any replies
Dean (outback OZ)

I'm using 4 x 36w Sylvania Growlux with good results over a std. 4 foot
tank.

Prices vary but I managed to get them for about A$17 each outside Sydney.

I seriously doubt that is your problem. Have you checked your co2? This is
more than likely the source of your algal bloom. I too have cracked a light
into the tank and never experienced any blooms or adverse effects, and that
was on a 3 footer. Are you using DIY co2 or do you have a cylinder? Either
or, add more diy bottles or crank up the pressurised container. also very
important, keep your surface agitation down to a MINIMUM. Do your plants
pearl during the day? If not I doubt you're getting enough co2 into the
water column. IME, a hefty dose of phosphate will only perk things up a bit
not cause algae blooms, this just seems to be another aquaria myth...
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**