Old 02-09-2004, 03:54 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Java Moss in the SF Bay Area

|| I'm going to be setting up a tank this weekend that I have all
|| planned out on what I want in it plant wise. I already either have
|| or will be picking up the plants that I want to put into the tank,
|| the only one that I haven't been able to find is Java Moss. Does
|| anybody know of a store in either San Francisco or the East Bay that
|| sells Java Moss? I have no interest in buying off of the internet,
|| as I want to see what I'm buying live.

ok, fine then... I wont' even offer you some of my prized Java moss...
you'll just have to find subpar specimens locally... good luck..

jk...

--

www.gmail.com

Old 02-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Cichlidiot

"RedForeman" wrote:
|| I'm going to be setting up a tank this weekend that I have all
|| planned out on what I want in it plant wise. I already either have
|| or will be picking up the plants that I want to put into the tank,
|| the only one that I haven't been able to find is Java Moss. Does
|| anybody know of a store in either San Francisco or the East Bay that
|| sells Java Moss? I have no interest in buying off of the internet,
|| as I want to see what I'm buying live.

ok, fine then... I wont' even offer you some of my prized Java moss...
you'll just have to find subpar specimens locally... good luck..

jk...

Even with the jk (just kidding I assume), that was rather, umm, rude.
Particularly if the OP is unfamiliar with short phrases and assumed the jk
was your initials. Smileys are more universally understood.

As for the OP, I know there's some good java moss in Davis at Pet Cetera
(as long as you don't mind getting some tubifex worms, it's in a fish
display tank), but that may be a bit too much of a drive for you.
Otherwise, I would pull out the phone book and start calling LFSs listed.
Here's also a webpage of the PCCA sponsors with some LFSs at the bottom:

http://www.cichlidworld.com/sponsorLinks.html

Since java moss is used often in cichlid tanks, they may be more likely to
have some in stock. You may also want to contact the SF Bay Area Aquatic
Plant Society, http://www.sfbaaps.com/, to see if any members have some to
spare or if they have tips on LFSs to try.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Keng

You can get Java moss from the fish store just off Geary and Van Ness.
Cant remember the name of the store but it is a block away from MB of
SF.

Anyone else can help with the name? or the street (small alley).
Old 04-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Robert Flory

I'm in the east Bay, I throw Java moss out, or trade it to my LFS

What part of the bay area you in?. Rumor has it a plant swap is scheduled
somewhere in the area ...SFBAAPS

--- In , "Jeff wrote:
Any plans for a September event?

I propose a cafe plant swap with a tentative date Sept 19 at
2:30pm. Any alternative plans?
___
Jeff

Check it out, we've got the best selection in town. ;-) best prices as well
as some of the best cooks too.

Bob

Old 07-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Johann

When I read it I had to laugh as I knew that RedForeman was joking.
Davis is a little to far for me, but I did manage to find some at "Concord
Aquarium" in Concord (Their prices on fish is great, as I saw some that were
2 for 1, and I ended up buying 12 neon tetras for $9)

Old 07-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Johann

I know the place, and I think that the name of the place is something likme
"Ocean Aquarium". I've only been in there a couple of times (before I
started looking for Java Moss,) and even though they had a ton of stuff that
I wanted, the problem I had was the fact that I didn't see prices on stuff.
I did manage to find some up in Concord, but I will keep them in mind for
the next tank.

om...

Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Johann

I live in Oakland not to far from Connies Tropical (about a 5 minute walk).
Connies never has anything that I want, plus the stuff that I have bought
from them have given me nothing but misery, and I have found that they are
over priced as I can pit up most of what they sell cheaper elsewhere. I
bought an Eclipse 12 for less than what they sell the Eclipse 6 for at a
place over on Geary in SF.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:32 PM
RedForeman ©®

|| Even with the jk (just kidding I assume), that was rather, umm, rude.
|| Particularly if the OP is unfamiliar with short phrases and assumed
|| the jk was your initials. Smileys are more universally understood.

Another shining example, of someone who needs to quit taking things
so-o-o-o-o-o-seriously... on a scale of rudeness, that was a 0, anyone who
has an inch of a humourus bone, would know that was a joke... even WITHOUT
the jk...