Old 03-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Scott Far Thunder

Default compact fluorescents

Hau kolas..question for you..for a freshwater tank, would you recommend
using compact or "regular" flourescent lighting? Does compact offer the
versatility of non-compact bulbs (ie should compact be used for certain
applications, whereas non-compact would be the best route in others?) TIA

lila pilamaya

**FREE PELTIER NOW**

Old 03-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Nitesbane

"Scott Far Thunder" wrote in message
Hau kolas..question for you..for a freshwater tank, would you recommend
using compact or "regular" flourescent lighting? Does compact offer the
versatility of non-compact bulbs (ie should compact be used for certain
applications, whereas non-compact would be the best route in others?) TIA

As far as I understand it, compact fluorescent lighting is good because it
is more "compact" (smaller) than regular fluorescents, enabling you to have
a greater amount of light in a smaller amount of space.
Example:
I have a 55g tank with a 48" regular fluorescent strip light. It is one
bulb, 40w/48" long and the fixture is about 4 1/2" wide. I just bought a
compact fluorescent strip light (made by the same company). It has two
bulbs, 55w/24" long each for a total of 110w. The strip is 5" wide. More
light, less space. Compact. Or maybe I'm completely off. HTH. Mitakuye
oyasin.

-Bane

Old 04-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Anonymous

Power Compacts offer more wattage per gallon of water. This is great for
plants.

They also work better on deep aquariums. My fish look better under these
lights since it penetrates better to the bottom of the tank.

Old 07-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Fish-Forums.com

For higher light tanks pcs are great the amount of lighting they put
out compared to regular tubes are tremendous.

Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system check out our
forum for our newest contest coming up
http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com