Old 06-10-2004, 12:25 AM
Matt C.

Default crypt rot infecting other plants?

I planted a potted (from a chain pet store) red crypt about 2.5 weeks ago.
over the last three days every leaf rotted off at the base of the stem.--ok
crypt rot. But while cleaning dead leaves out, i realized the entire crypt
root system, was rotted as well, and It seemed to infect the bottom third of
a nearby bacopa plant. I trimmed the bacopa, and replanted as a bunch plant.
Is crypt rot contagious? what causes/stops this type of root/lower stem rot?
all my other plants seem ok. i do have a few pygmy chain sword that have a
few leaves rotting, but not many. any thoughts?
Thanx,

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/

Old 06-10-2004, 09:03 PM

"Matt C." wrote in message ...
I planted a potted (from a chain pet store) red crypt about 2.5 weeks ago.
over the last three days every leaf rotted off at the base of the stem.--ok
crypt rot. But while cleaning dead leaves out, i realized the entire crypt
root system, was rotted as well, and It seemed to infect the bottom third of
a nearby bacopa plant. I trimmed the bacopa, and replanted as a bunch plant.
Is crypt rot contagious? what causes/stops this type of root/lower stem rot?
all my other plants seem ok. i do have a few pygmy chain sword that have a
few leaves rotting, but not many. any thoughts?
Thanx,

No, not contagious.

Poor conditions will cuase this in many tanks. Dramatic lighting
changes also can cause the plants to melt/lack of water changes and
then a large one etc.

If you have good conditions for the other plants, Crypt melt seldom
occurs.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 06-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Matt C.

I did just start 20% water changes because of a growing Nitrate problem. I
guess this is what caused it....
Thanx

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/

" wrote in message
om...

rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 08:56 PM
Crypt and Vallis ? Madpiano Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Crypt melt or nutrient deficiency or something else? Cichlidiot Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 06:20 AM
Crypt somethingrather Nsty N8 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:15 AM
Crypt and Vallis ? Tasslehoff Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-03-2003 01:08 AM