Old 09-10-2004, 11:58 AM
ranking dread

Default aquacleat plant filters

Has anyone ever made a plant filter out of an hagen aquaclear? if so
what type of plant did you use and did the filter keep it's biological
filtration capability. i have a 10 gallon planted tank just started
10/8/04 with a 24 watt pc light and flourite substrate with a
aquaclear mini filter. any info would help.
Old 23-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Jiann-Ming Su

On 2004-10-09, ranking dread wrote:
Has anyone ever made a plant filter out of an hagen aquaclear? if so
what type of plant did you use and did the filter keep it's biological
filtration capability. i have a 10 gallon planted tank just started
10/8/04 with a 24 watt pc light and flourite substrate with a
aquaclear mini filter. any info would help.

I stick devil's ivy (pothos) stems and roots right into the tank with the
leaves outside. There's another plant similar to pothos that I'm trying to
use as well. The leaves have a more fabric texture than the plastic
texture of the pothos leaves. You may be able to take the top off the
aquaclear and put the plant right into the power filter compartment.
You'd probably want to stick with just the foam filters. Interestingly,
I too am trying to setup a 10G using flourite substrate. The 40W of
light is only growing green water, though I don't really have anything
in it right now.