GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PMDD components (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/85048-pmdd-components.html)

Bill Stock 16-10-2004 04:43 AM

PMDD components

I've been doing some reading about the PMDD, so I can set up a community
planted tank.

As I understand it, the major components are Trace Elements, Potassium
Nitrate, Potassium Sulphate and Magnesium Sulphate. If I have an Aragonite
(crushed coral) buffer can I eliminate the Magnesium Sulphate? If I have a
good fish load can/should I eliminate the Potassium Nitrate? This would
leave me with Trace Elements and Potassium Chloride. Will the lack of
Sulphates be an issue?

I'm asking because I already have a large supply of Potash and Crushed
Coral. I also don't want to overdo certain nutrients.

TIA