GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water Sprite Propagation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/85222-water-sprite-propagation.html)

Brian S. 19-10-2004 11:42 PM

Water Sprite Propagation

Quick question,

With Water Sprite plants, you can just clip one of the main leaf 'trunks'
and plant it elsewhere correct?

I had a piece that fell off on it's own last week and planted it down in the
gravel. Still hasn't shown any signs of new formations, but it is still
green and looking alive though.

Brian S.

Craig Brye 19-10-2004 11:52 PM

I think you can... I always took the new piece and let it float for a few
days and it would grow roots rather quickly. I would think putting the
"trunk" into the substrate would do the same trick.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

Tom 20-10-2004 01:33 AM

"Brian S." wrote in message
Quick question,

With Water Sprite plants, you can just clip one of the main leaf 'trunks'
and plant it elsewhere correct?

I had a piece that fell off on it's own last week and planted it down in
the
gravel. Still hasn't shown any signs of new formations, but it is still
green and looking alive though.

Brian S.

Watersprite will grow if tossed onto the concrete of your driveway and
ignored for a few days.

Tom

www.Fish-Forums.com 21-10-2004 08:05 PM

That will work but best bet is to float it till it gets a little root
first.

Marc
Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system check out our
forum for our newest contest coming up

http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com