Old 21-10-2004, 05:25 AM
weetat

Default Plants

Hi all ,

I have one Java Fern plant and other plants which i did not have any
ideas falls in which plants family. However their leaf are similar like
ferns.

I have the plants for 3 to 4 weeks already. The plants are OK .
But it did not grow talls , it only surviving.

My question is that are the aquatic plants will grow very tall like to
house plants for instance.
My java fern did no growing , maybe some problem with my tank . Some of
java fern have brown or brown spots on it (not algae)

My tanks setup :

29 gal , 6.5 pH , 10KH , CO2(did not have reading yet) and T4 Lighting
..

Any explaination is much appreciated.

Old 21-10-2004, 05:51 AM
Brian S.

Java Ferns are typically very slow growing plants. They don't need much
light either.

The only thing I can think of is possibly the type of light that you are
using, which is a standard fluorescent, and how many fish you have in the
water to supply carbon dioxide and other nutrients to the plants.

Brian S.

"weetat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all ,

I have one Java Fern plant and other plants which i did not have any
ideas falls in which plants family. However their leaf are similar like
ferns.

I have the plants for 3 to 4 weeks already. The plants are OK .
But it did not grow talls , it only surviving.

My question is that are the aquatic plants will grow very tall like to
house plants for instance.
My java fern did no growing , maybe some problem with my tank . Some of
java fern have brown or brown spots on it (not algae)

My tanks setup :

29 gal , 6.5 pH , 10KH , CO2(did not have reading yet) and T4 Lighting
.

Any explaination is much appreciated.

Old 21-10-2004, 09:25 AM
weetat

Hi Brian ,

Thank for your response.
I am agree with you that is the light which cause the plant dying.
Any recommondation about which plant light brand that i can use or
buy ?

thanks

Old 21-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Dick

On 21 Oct 2004 00:25:28 -0700, "weetat"
wrote:

Hi Brian ,

Thank for your response.
I am agree with you that is the light which cause the plant dying.
Any recommondation about which plant light brand that i can use or
buy ?

thanks

"Low Light" plants do grow slowly, but can grow tall with enough time.
I don't use CO2 nor fertilize, just fish waste. I have 5 tanks with
various flourescent bulbs, but all amount to low light conditions.
Since the bulbs are close to 2 years of age, I am sure the output is
less than the watts would suggest.

I believe you have only had the plants a few weeks. If so, you are
too optimistic, especially if you are growing "low light" plants.
They grow very slowly which is a blessing since it means less pruning.
I bought a variety of plants and thought they were never going grow,
but now I have heavy vegetation and am pleased the top half of the
tanks is clear for swimming.

dick
Old 21-10-2004, 09:08 PM
www.Fish-Forums.com

Do you add ferts?
What is your lighting times.
All plants will benefit from frequesnt water changes and addition of
ferts either to the water colum or the substrate depending on the
element.

Some plants like java and anubias grow slow while others like indica
grow fast.

Marc
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system check out our
forum for our newest contest coming up

http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com

Old 22-10-2004, 10:50 AM
weetat

hi ,

I am using ferts tabs which insert to the gravel.
My lighting times , i did not know , but i know that is T4 Full
Ballast.

What times need to changes water ?
I have checked the ammonia , is 5mg/l and pH is 6 to 7. Any problem
with this setting in the tank ?
Thanks.