Old 31-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Matt C.

Default Alternanthera Reineckii pruning question

I have a beautiful alternanthera reineckii plant in my 29g . It is growing
awesome. I have already taken about four inches off the top and replanted
and they are doing great too. What i am wondering now is what can/should i
do about the huge masses of root shoots coming out of the leaf/stem joints?
I must have three hundred roots growing as high as ten inches above the
gravel surface. can i just prune these off? Should I leave them? they are
actually deterring from the plant in my eye as they are such a stark white
and the plant is such a deep red/green.
What should I do?
Thanx!

--