GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Algae ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/86079-algae-id.html)

Carmine J. Ventura JR 06-11-2004 09:40 PM

Algae ID

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Can anyone help me ID this algae and give me suggestions on getting rid of
it ?
I do water changes with RO water every 2 weeks, clean my canister filter
monthly. Lighting on as recommended.
I have 260 watts of light in a 60 gal tank but all the light is not on all
the time . 130 watts on for 10 hrs ( 2 balbs ) 260 watts on for 6 hrs ( all
4 balbs). Plants growing great with very little algae growing on gravel and
glass, just some of the plants. Lately I have just been clipping the plants
with this algae on it.

Would appreciate any other suggestions.
Thanks !
Carmine

Limnophile 19-11-2004 04:46 PM

"SteveG" wrote in message
Google "Black Hair Algae"

It's the same algae I had last spring, very hard to get rid of. Massive
water changes and antibiotics don't seem to help with this type. I finally
resorted to putting duckweed in the tank, which slowly killed of the algae
from lack of light/nutrients. It did take about 3 months though.

I wish you luck.

Limnophile