Old 12-11-2004, 05:37 AM
Dave

Default to those who have used QuickCure to cure Ich/Ick ...

"Rick" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
... did you do a water change before every treatment, including the

initial
treatments before visible spots left your fish? Or did you only do a

water
change before the treatments that followed (every three or four days for

two
weeks afterwards)?

Thanks.

a water change before the initial treatment does help to remove some of
the
free swimming parasites however is not critical. Water change before each
of
4 treatments, ie" treat day 1, do water change on day 4 prior to
treatment,
treat day 7 and day 10 with water change before treatment. You will likely
not see any spots by the time you go to do treatment 3 however finish the
treatments right to the end.

Rick

The dosage on the back of my bottle of Quick Cure reads 1 drop per gallon
daily until cured. Above you're saying day 1, 4, 7, and 10. I just dosed
my 35 gallon (with tetras and plants so I'm going halfdosage and crossing my
fingers). Should I be dosing everyday...or every 3rd/4th day??

Old 12-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Rick

"Dave" wrote in message

"Rick" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

the method used by many hobbyist is as I described and not a daily dose.
Many shut of the aquarium lights as the medication can be degraded by light
however I have always left my lights on and the results have been the same.
One of the reasons for doing the 1,4 7 etc routine is that by daily dosing
you will see the cysts disappear on the fish however the parasite is still
in the aquarium. You stop dosing, they come back. This has happened to many
people. Using the other method can less concentration but over a longer
period of time allowing time to kill for the parasites on the fish and those
in the tank. When each on of those little cysts burst on the fish, thousands
of parasites are released into the aquarium. You can try as the bottle
suggests but monitor the condition of the fish for any sign of reocurrence.
Also remember when dosing to allow for displacement by gravel, plants and
decorations, ie: your 35 gallong is likely a 30 g so 15 drops.

Rick

Old 15-11-2004, 05:28 AM
NetMax

"Rick" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

"Rick" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

fwiw, I don't follow manufacturer's directions either. With Quick Cure,
I dose every 2nd day at 50% dosage (for tetras) with a water change
before each treatment. When I'm really feeling ambitious, I raise the
temp. 2 degrees, lower the light levels and use a gravel vacuum to do the
water changes (picks up cysts in the substrate).
--
www.NetMax.tk