Old 14-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Matt C.

Default online buying of SAE's

Hi all
well I have to buy some SAE's to combat my BBA. its my last resort before
bleach or Cu treating of the tank. So where is the best, most reliable,
(Cheapest shipping to Pa) place to buy SAE's from online. I have already
considered Arizona aquatics, but i don't like their quantity ordering. I
would most likely buy a few plants also. Anywhere else reputable where they
will definitely send me SAE's not anything like CAE's or other junk fish?

Thanx

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~amgock

Old 15-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Margolis

"Matt C." wrote in message
Hi all
well I have to buy some SAE's to combat my BBA. its my last resort before
bleach or Cu treating of the tank. So where is the best, most reliable,
(Cheapest shipping to Pa) place to buy SAE's from online. I have already
considered Arizona aquatics, but i don't like their quantity ordering. I
would most likely buy a few plants also. Anywhere else reputable where

they
will definitely send me SAE's not anything like CAE's or other junk fish?

Thanx

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~amgock

sae's can be delicate fish that are all caught in the wild. I wouldn't
recommend ordering any. Try to find them at the local store. If you order
them, you may have them all die and then you are out all of the s&h.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Old 15-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Victor Martinez

Margolis wrote:
sae's can be delicate fish that are all caught in the wild. I wouldn't
recommend ordering any. Try to find them at the local store. If you order
them, you may have them all die and then you are out all of the s&h.

I ordered mine online and they did just fine.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 15-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Victor Martinez

Matt C. wrote:
Where did you get them from?

It's been a couple of years, I think the folks I got them from are no
longer in business. I think I contacted them through aquabid.com

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 16-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Dick

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:48:20 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Matt C. wrote:
Where did you get them from?

It's been a couple of years, I think the folks I got them from are no
longer in business. I think I contacted them through aquabid.com

I have 11 SAEs. I like them and IMO they are very hardy. Mine are
now about 4 or 5 inches in length. Not one has been sick. They seem
to be great community tank fish.

I couldn't locate the receipt and it has been well over a year since
I bought them. The link below is possibly the one I bought from, I
know I have bought from them in the past.

http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_...er_siamese.htm

dick
Old 16-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Victor Martinez

Dick wrote:
now about 4 or 5 inches in length. Not one has been sick. They seem
to be great community tank fish.

They are. The one thing they are *very* sensitive too is lack of oxygen
in the water. All of mine died when the filter broke when I was on
vacation.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 17-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Dick

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:24:25 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Dick wrote:
now about 4 or 5 inches in length. Not one has been sick. They seem
to be great community tank fish.

They are. The one thing they are *very* sensitive too is lack of oxygen
in the water. All of mine died when the filter broke when I was on
vacation.

I have air bubblers in all my tanks. Never gave a thought to them as
backup to the filters. One more reason to have air in the tank.

dick
Old 17-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Victor Martinez

Dick wrote:
I have air bubblers in all my tanks. Never gave a thought to them as
backup to the filters. One more reason to have air in the tank.

Actually, air bubblers have a minimal impact on oxygen concentration in
the water. It's surface water turbulence that provides enough gas
exchange. Bubbles are too small and their contact time is too short to
provide efficient transfer between phases.
If your filters go out, I'd recommend a power head producing water
surface movement.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 18-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Dick

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:48:09 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Dick wrote:
I have air bubblers in all my tanks. Never gave a thought to them as
backup to the filters. One more reason to have air in the tank.

Actually, air bubblers have a minimal impact on oxygen concentration in
the water. It's surface water turbulence that provides enough gas
exchange. Bubbles are too small and their contact time is too short to
provide efficient transfer between phases.
If your filters go out, I'd recommend a power head producing water
surface movement.

Better yet keep spare filter on hand. I have seen the bubbler help in
the quarantine tank when I briefly treated several mollies for
possible ich. They were swimming at the surface until I added air, so
it can be helpful.

dick

Old 18-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Victor Martinez

Dick wrote:
Better yet keep spare filter on hand. I have seen the bubbler help in

Yeah, if you use cheap filters. Having a spare Eheim 2217 is not
practical...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Online buying Susan H. Simko Ponds 0 21-07-2003 05:32 PM
Online buying Susan H. Simko Ponds 0 21-07-2003 05:32 PM
Online buying Susan H. Simko Ponds 0 21-07-2003 05:32 PM